Welcome to my blog!

A blog about our busy family with two amazing kids, one of whom happens to have Down syndrome!

Monday, December 23, 2013

The luckiest

Tonight as I was rocking my sweet baby girl to sleep I couldn't help but think how lucky we are. How many almost-two year old girls still let their mommy rock them to sleep? 

She was laying with her head on my shoulder, sucking her left thumb and using her right hand to play with the hair at the nape of my neck. Then she reached both arms around me in a hug and said "Hi! Hi! Hi!" Then she leaned up and kissed me, resting her head on my shoulder once again. She sighed a happy  sigh, "tiss" and snuggled me again. (Tiss is how she says kiss.)

Who on earth wouldn't want this? How could anyone feel she was more they could handle? And yet I felt the very same way when we got her diagnosis. 

As we approach this Christmas I am so incredibly thankful for miracles. And I pray that many, many more people choose this beautiful, windy, imperfect and blessed path we're on.

Merry Christmas.


1 comment:

  1. That is really lovely. Merry Christmas to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete